Sunday, February 28, 2010

Go Green!

Ever since Mark and I bought our house, I have been looking for ways to 'Go Green!'. We recycle, use water & vinegar to clean hard surfaces, windows & mirrors, turn the water off when we're not using it. Basically we've changed the easy things.

Two areas I've had trouble 'Going Green' in are cleaning the bathrooms and doing the laundry. I just like to know the bathrooms and our clothes are clean. I won't get started on the bathroom so today I'll talk about laundry.

After throwing away countless dryer sheets & chasing down our Pug a few hundred times after he got a hold of the missed ones, I decided it was time for a change. Enter the Bounce Dryer Bar.

When I saw this thing advertised on T.V. I thought to myself "Self...this could be exactly what we've been dreaming of!" and off I went to buy one.

Not wanting to be wasteful, what with trying to 'Go Green!' and everything, I patiently waited until we used all of the traditional dryer sheets before installing the dryer bar.

I was not impressed after the first load. It collected a lot of lint which turned it from white to black & I could hear the static on the clothes - not very reassuring. I'm not one to be defeated so I am giving it a second chance & the second load (towels) is currently in the dryer. I will let you know how it turns out.

Anyone have suggestions for 'Going Green!' with laundry or cleaning bathrooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment